Why choose me
My first solo trip was at the age of 20. Since then I have travelled to 66 countries on 6 continents.
Just like you, my life has been full of highs and lows, adventures and challenges. I’ve known marriage, divorce, cancer, the joys of motherhood and friendships. I have performed in front 10,000 people, written and performed in shows, ran a successful business and more. Travel has been integral to my growth and to my love of life.
Self-reflection is part of the work as is a desire to learn more about human nature, purpose and essence. My goal is to inspire, to equip and to assist in bringing your travel dreams to fruition.
my knowledge base
- Accommodation experience – Backpacking to luxury, Hotels 1 to 5 Star, apartment, hostel, camping, Airbnb, Couchsurfing style, cruising (boutique luxury to large cruise ship), retreats and staying with friends & family.
- Travel style experience – Cruising (small and large), Hiking, Group Tours, Retreats (health, yoga, medical), Educational, Safari’s, Volunteer, Artist Residencies & FAM’s. Solo travel, family travel, travel with friends.
- When to Jump School Mentor (2018)
- Connections/networks of suppliers – travel agents, tours, accommodation etc.
- Relevant education/courses – Mindfulness & Self-Compassion Course, Mindfulness & Stress Management, Mindfulness & Self-Compassion Teacher Training, Coaching Course, Resilience Course, When to Jump School, Neurolinguistic Course & Career Transformations.
- Business Experience – Founder and CEO Way Out Theatreworks (est. 1999). An Award-winning business specialising in Creative Entertainment Design, Production and Performances, an Entertainment Agent, Design and production of Corporate Team Building activities. Sector – Meetings Incentives Conferences & Events. Corporate & Private. Australia and Asia. wayouttheatreworks.com
- Performance Experience – Monique’s experience in theatrical productions spans over 20 years and has seen her work throughout Australia, Europe, America and Asia. Monique studied mime, dance and theatre in the Netherlands and London. She has written and performed a one woman show in London and at an Arts Festival in the U.K. One of her highlights was co-writing and performing a mime theatre piece in the Netherlands to a live audience of 10,000. Monique has performed in theatre productions in Brisbane including Expo, mainstream and children’s theatre. Monique has led drama and team building workshops in Australia and overseas.
where I have
- Europe: Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Scotland, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, England, Vatican City, Wales.
- North America: United States of America, Canada
- Central America: Costa Rica, Mexico
- Caribbean: The Bahamas, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Nassau, Puerto Rico
- Africa: Algeria, Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Kenya, Morocco, Niger, Nigeria, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda.
- Asia: China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia/Bali, Japan, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam.
- Oceania: Australia, New Zealand, Fiji.
“Monique is the most experienced and interesting traveller I have ever met. She is a bundle of curiosity, adventure and intellect. She listens and matches people with a sort of excited pragmatism. It is somewhere between an art form and practical knowledge. Working with Monique will magnify the experience of travelling and would multiply any return on time away and investment.”
Stephen Harris | Director – Turning Point Partners; Business Acumen; Value Streams
work with me
- Travel Agents
- Tour companies
- Cruise lines
- Life Coaches
- Inbound & Outbound/Tourism Organisations
- Corporate for Incentive & Sabbatical Travel
- Opportunities also available article submissions and speaking engagements.
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in you sail. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain